Tuesday 5 February 2013

Children's Handwriting

In order for me to achieve the particular typography I wanted for my logo design I had to do some research on how primary school children write. So I got a few year 1 pupils to write a few words so that I could see how they form each letter.

I noticed some key features within there handwriting that their spelling was sometimes incorrect, as well as they didn't have the capability yet to keep their letters on the line. 


From this I realised that for my typeface I could try and recreate this by using their examples. So I chose to use a pencil to create the same texture and used my left hand to give the sense of a scruffy and child like nature. I believe it worked effectively and will be experimenting this typography within the rest of my logo design. 


No comments:

Post a Comment